Winter Boat Storage
Haulout Checklist >
Boat Haulout/On-land Checklist
Ensure next year's boating season starts off right by making sure you end this year's season properly, by following the boat haulout/on-land steps outlined in this easy to follow checklist.
Prior to booking haulout
- Lease signed
- Payment arranged
- Insurance copy given to administration office
Prior to Mast destep
- Mast de-rigged, sails, boom, lower shrouds removed
Day before scheduled appointment
- Pumpout complete
- Fuel tanks empty due to ethanol
- Lines, fenders removed
- Cradle assembled (don’t forget to bring pads for haulout date)
- All personal property has been removed from summer dock
In yard after haulout
- Power cord coiled and put away, when leaving
- Batteries disconnected
- There will be a charge of $100.00 plus tax, for customers who do not show or are late for their scheduled appointment and they will have to reschedule for a later date.
- If you must cancel, please do so 24hrs prior to scheduled time, otherwise the above charge will apply.
- Winterizing and Shrink-wrapping needs are arranged through Great Lakes Yacht Services (shop located at Fuel dock).
Hauling Launching Rules:
- No hauling/launching without a signed contract, payment and an updated copy of the boat insurance in your file. You must see the office 1 hour before your appointment to ensure all has been completed.
- First out during haul out, last in during launch.
- You must be on time due to tight scheduling. Please make sure your boat is ready to go at the at the time scheduled, see below for reference:
- Haulout – vessel pumped out, fuel tanks empty – close to, fenders/lines removed, and batteries charged/disconnected. Winterization has been booked with GLYS
- Launch – remove winter enclosure, fenders/lines ready, engines have been started and/or summerized by GLYS and batteries are fully charged.
- If you cannot make your appointment, you must give 24 hours notice or you will be charged $100.00 + tax. If you are not able to proceed with your appointment due to inclement weather and the marina agrees there will be no charge. Rain is not a sufficient reason to cancel.
- If the boat in front of you has to be moved, you will be a charged so think about your spring launch/needs before you bring your boat up in the fall.
- The pads of your cradle are your responsibility. BPM will not store your pads and you must make sure that they are installed prior to the Haulout and taken home after launch.
- A hull rinse is not a hull wash. No detergents are used and therefore a complete cleaning of the hull is not always achievable. For a thorough clean you may request the service through Great Lakes Yacht Services at 416-266-4376.
- All outstanding balances must be cleared up prior to hauling or launching the boat.
- Mast stepping and de-stepping may be done on the same day as haulout/launch however, to keep all appointments on time, the de-stepping vessels must be de-rigged (sails, booms, lower shrouds removed. etc.) prior to docking at the mast crane. The marina provides a crane operator who may also assist you in removing the mast. If additional personnel are required, please arrange to bring your own help or arrange at the office. (for a fee more yard personnel can assist.)
- Yard Hydro during winter season will shut down daily at 5:00pm. When the weather turns cold and unbearable the hydro will be shut down completely. We will, weather permitting turn the power on should you request it from the office on a day by day basis. Charging batteries in the wintertime is unsafe due to battery freeze up and possible explosion. You may want to take them home, but please remove them from your vessel come winter.
- We do not object to Owners working on their own vessels however the extent of the repairs and/or maintenance will be at the marina’s discretion.
- All Power cords used while the vessel is on the land must be coiled up and stored away at the end of each day. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If you are unsure about the safety or requirement of any job, please contact the office or Great Lakes Yacht Services for a consultation. SAFETY FIRST.
- All personal property must be removed from the dock no later than your haul-out date. Unless you have received a tag from the office and placed it on your property, it will be disposed of by BPM.